Saturday, December 18, 2010

Make.

The last thing I made is something I affectionately call 'the look book'. I'm a firm believer in having a versatile wardrobe so that you can get the most for the money you do spend. So as I look through the magazines I get every month (In Style, Glamour, People Style Watch) I cut out pictures of the looks I like. Then I paste them into a book and make notes around them about which parts of the outfits I already have and which ones I need.

Turns out, you usually have at least half of the outfit already and then you can add what you don't have to your shopping list. Example: I recently cut out a picture of an outfit I love and I actually had the whole outfit except a fun, colorful pair of flats in a textures material. A week or two later I found an adorible pair of Cole Hahn purple snakeskin flats at (of course) TJMaxx and va-va-voom I had the outfit I loved.

The other step to this is that after I buy a piece I also make note of all the other outfits I could put together with it. So after I bought the purple shoes, I made a list of 3 other outfits they were perfect for, to make sure I get my money's worth out of them.

Anyone made anything else cool lately I might want to try?

Love,
B

No comments: