Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Back.

Well friends and loved ones, I'm back from the 'burg. My return has been somewhat bittersweet. I love Tampa, it has always had the biggest piece of my heart but to quote Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama 'but then I come down here, and this fits too'. Being in Scottsburg for 6 days really did feel like home. As I said a tearful goodbye this morning I couldn't help wishing I could skip my flight and cling to a perfect vacation just a bit longer.

Coming home always has it's perks. I look forward to a night in my own bed, getting back into some sense of routine, and laying out by my pool this weekend. But reality comes quick, don't ya think? I hopped off the plane and immediately headed back to work. I was grateful for the distraction so as not to further pout about the fact that I'm no longer with my best friend but with less than 20 minutes between grabbing my bag and returning to my cubicle, it felt like vacation came to a screeching halt.

I finished another book on my trip - and even though her language leaves a few things to be desired I have to say there's somthing I find quite likeable about Kelly Cutrone. I'm now on to Hunger Games and though I don't find it nearly as exciting as all those who recommended it seemed too, I'm enjoying it so far. Hope to be done with it in a few days so I can move on to finish the Michael Bennett series.

I didn't write a single blog while I was away and I learned that you take a chance when you schedule them in advance... oh living and learning, right?

My heart felt a bit heavy and my head a little too full as I touched down in Tampa but most of all I'm overwelmed with gratitude for the wonderful friends the Lord has given me. I tell ya what, I must have THE most amazing set of guy friends any girl could ask for and in general just the best group of people in my corner. I feel so incredibly blessed this week - so thank you, especially to the ones I called up this weekend from afar.

I continue to grow excited about the next few chapters of my life as they unfold in unexpected ways. The roommate and I will be starting up Crossfit this week (or next) - an intense boot camp style workout class 2 days a week for the next few months. I'm anxious but nervous all at once. We may just die - but I think it will be a good way to go out (doing push ups on the concrete and all).

10 days til I'm back on the road headed to St. Louis and selfishly hoping I will be able to see Josh, Candy, and Chad again that weekend. If I can't convince them all to move to Florida maybe I can at least convince them to travel to all my work locations with me?

Expect some posts about my trip over the next couple days but I wanted to let you know I'm back and thank those of you who were in touch while I was away.

Love,
B

3 comments:

Kenj said...

welcome back, glad to know you made it okay. I'm glad you had a good time a way. Hope everything is going well.

Candy said...

i adore you. thank you for being here with me & using your vacation time to come to IN. love you so much!

Heather said...

I did Crossfit a couple weeks ago and it nearly did me in! haha

I'm glad you're back. :)