Monday, July 25, 2011

Evolving - Part One.

Image.


If I had to describe myself over the last couple weeks, months, years I would say I've been evolving. And so my friends I think it's about time the blog did the same, evolved. I'm no longer scared of getting older although I'd still like to think I'm doing a pretty fabulous job of being young but it just might be time for a revamp. A few of my favorite bloggers have let go of their old looks/names in favor of moving forward to bigger and better things and I may just have to jump on board.

This site is officially in the construction zone. Beware.

But I wanted to share along the what the changes are and why. Starting with the name change. When this blog started 'So Scared of Getting Older, I'm Only Good at Being Young' was the perfect fit. I was 22, fresh out of college, moving 17 hours away to start a new life all by myself. I felt overwelmed by the idea and process of growing up and I was afraid I didn't have what it took.

It seems time now, to let go of that name as I have let go of that fear. I have chosen for the time being the name 'Oh The Places You'll Go', the title of the following poem:

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
Any direction you choose.
You’re on your own. And
you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who’ll
decide where to go.

You’ll get mixed up,
of course, as you
already know.
You’ll get mixed up
with many strange birds
as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great
tact and remember that...
...Life’s A Great
Balancing Act.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and ¾ percent
guaranteed.)

Kid, you'll move mountains.

- Dr. Suess


I think for those of you who have kept up with me, this will make perfect sense to you.

Love,
B

3 comments:

Neely said...

Love love love this! My parents gave me that book when I graduated high school I read it often haha

Unknown said...

I love the new name! I got that book for my high school graduation like Neely!

Krista Leigh said...

That poem is so fitting. Don't be surprised if you see it on my blog in the near future. That Dr. Suess speaks such truth.