Monday, July 4, 2011

Over a Cup 'o Joe.

Welcome loves. Today on the blog were going to chat like were sipping coffee out of my place (so out of black and white mugs with b's on them - in assortment) and talk about life. The good, the bad, the hilarious, and the ugly of what's going on. I think from time to time it's good to just chat about life. So here's what's been up friends...

I've been on again off again with my blog challenges for this year. Confession: I'm not currently reading through the bible in 90 days. Starting in May, June, and July I was supposed to be reading through the bible in 90 days but to be honest when May rolled around I knew it just wasn't going to happen. I'm currently leading a bible study for young, single women from my church on Tuesday nights and in addition to my own quiet time, preparing for that is getting my priority.

I did download the 90 day version on my kindle and I hope to someday still complete that challenge, but today is not that day. I hope to pick back up my challenges with my volunteering challenge for the month of August (which amazingly is getting quite close, isn't it?).

My family is together (without me) this weekend at the beach. I miss them but I'm amongst family myself, here in Scottsburg. A family of a different sort (meaning I chose them, instead of them choosing me?). But my sweet family is doing wonderfully and we look forward to welcoming my niece or nephew in November of this year. I can't wait to be an Aunt...I plan to be the very best kind (you know, the kind that lets them eat raw cookie dough and drive my car before their 16...sh).

Work is busy busy with event season in the works. I'm headed to St. Louis next for our Rams event on July 16th, so if you're in 'the L' let me know before then. I will be in charge of being the mini van driver for the first time on this trip - so that should present new excitement for all involved individuals.

I intended to write a book this year but amongst other things that seems to have been pushed to the 'back burner'. I hope to return to that dream eventually but again, the timing is just not right. I have other callings and priorities at the moment so this blog continues to be where my writing is happening and staying for the time being.

Hm, what else? I'm still working out and trying to drop some more weight. It's been a bit up and down lately but I feel like I'm hitting my stride again. The roommate and I start Crossfit Boot Camp when I return from this vacation (I may choose to hide out forever in Sburg instead of face this) - so I'm sure that will kick my hiney into gear.

I continue to get asked questions about the NFL lockout for work and family reasons - but no, I don't have any crazy awesome insider scoop on this. Here's to hoping it all gets worked out so I can hole up in some version of a man cave and watch religiously every Sunday as usual. I love me some football.

The condo is faring well as of late. No big changes or fix it jobs happening there. Just happily enjoying homeownership as usual. Excited to finally show my sister/best friend and bro-in-law my place (after almost 2 years) when they visit in August. Can't wait to have them on my 'turf'.

Life is good friends. With a few unmet goals and messy bedroom days of late - I continue to stay busy but happily content in my current state. I hope this has been a fun update for you all and I look forward to getting some scoop back on what's going on in your lives.

Love,
B

2 comments:

Kenj said...

You should totally do a link up. I would love to join in on your coffee cup chatter! I loved the re-cap!

Meghan said...

It sounds like things are going well for you! I am so impressed that you are going to do Crossfit! I cannot wait to hear about it - it sounds crazy!

Enjoy the 4th!