Monday, February 28, 2011

Blessed by You.

I want to start off this morning by letting you all know what a blessing you are to me. I was overwelmed by the response to last weeks update on my stomach condition and where I stand now. My facebook inbox was flooded with concerned friends making suggestions, offering their prayers, and showing support. The same came in from blog readers I haven't had the pleasure of meeting in real life, twitter buddies, and everyone inbetween. You all amaze me.

I'm grateful for your prayers. Prayers have seriously carried me through the last 10 months. I am eternally thankful for each and every prayer that's been offered up on my behalf. And humbled by your support and encouragement.

The 'funny' thing is, I write my blogs in advance (usually) and so I wrote that update post a few days before you all read it and by the time it reached you I was in the midst of my worst 48 hours of sickness yet. Ironic? Maybe a little. But I knew when I did the Daniel Fast that coming off of it would have some physical reprocussions for the ole tum. And reprocussions it has.

Truth be told I had a lot of time to sit in the bathroom and think during those 48 hours and I was thinking about how thankful I am for you all. I found that even at the point of dehydration and exhaustion, I was encouraged by you. I am surrounded and supported by a great group of people. I feel so undeserving.

I've got some great new ideas from a few of you as well. Some I'd never considered, such as acupuncture! So we'll see what the next few weeks hold. But regardless of the outcome - I'm encouraged and in good spirits.

I was brought to tears by a great song Sunday morning that reached me exactly where I am and I wanted to share it with you all in hopes that it would encourage any of you who are going through some tough stuff lately...

Faithful God - Gateway Worship

If I call, will You come
When I cry, do You hear
I believe every tear
Is caught up by a faithful God
So I will cry until You come
Cast my cares into Your arms
I can't see past this storm
But I'm counting on a faithful God

Faithful God
You hold my life secure
All my days are Yours
I believe
My God is like a fire defending me
Faithfully

I believe You still heal
And demons still bow
I'm convinced there is power
In trusting in a faithful God
So I will praise till You appear
And set Your foot upon this shore
I declare that every foe
Is subject to my faithful God

I know that You are mine
And I am Yours, I am Yours
I know Your faithfulness
It will endure, it will endure

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart.

Love,

B


No comments: